This Day in the Life

A blog from the creators of the This Day book series

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Fresh out of time but no worries

Earlier this afternoon I had a moment of complete and utter panic. It happened as I was filing confirmation forms, right after my third major paper cut (I keep track of these things). There I was, filing away, amazed yet again that this awesome group of 500-strong women had said yes to two complete strangers and blammo. Panic. I went from reveling straight to freaking out because the confirmation deadline is tomorrow and I still have this list of women I want to invite and jobs I must know about and this pile of website printouts and newspaper clippings and pages torn from magazines and sticky notes with ideas scribbled in the middle of the night that I need to research and…I’m fresh out of time. I sat on the floor in Joni’s back room (aka our This Day office), surrounded by piles of confirmation forms and green hanging file folders, and gradually came to the realization that it wasn’t the end of the world. I could take that list of names, the pile of clippings and printouts and put them in a folder and save them for the next This Day book. So I did. Panic-free, just like that.

-Bindi

p.s. I did go through the pile and I sent out one final, eleventh-hour email invite, to Ben & Jerry’s. Had to, cause they’re also Vermonters and that ice cream has gotten me through many a situation.

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger diana christine said...

How quickly our deadlines seem to arrive. And yet panic, like everything else in life, brings us a gift, and that moment of panic becomes part of the pleasure once our work gives birth.

Thank you for sharing with us how you took a moment of panic and turned it into panic-free, just like that! I think I should like to use you as an illustration in a stress-management presentation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home